Summer has made its grand entry already. Now it is the time for beaches, barbecues and holidays! In the hurly burly of this beautiful season don’t forget to treat your toenails with care. The toe nails have an important role in our feet. Our entire body weight rests on our toes. It also protects our feet from trauma and minor accidents of the legs. Think of how weird it would be to have no toe nails? You will end up with bleeding toes every time your foot hits somewhere.
Pedicures are designed to give the basic care for your toes. It is done to keep your toes healthy and clean. During the procedure, the nail technician massages the toes takes good care of your skin and helps your feet relax. In fact, pedicures are becoming so popular that 75% of the beauty salon earning in the US are basically from nail salons.
Now that we have stated the importance of our toes, let us see how a pedicure helps these tiny fingers in the feet. Here we have compiled a list of natural benefits that a pedicure promises to your feet.
- Keeping your feet clean and healthy: Feet are that part of the body which are greatly exposed to dust from the ground. Over time dirt accumulates in your toes, making it a good breeding ground for bacteria and fungus. This increases your chances of contracting an infection. A pedicure cleans all the dirt to keep your toes risk free. While there are apprehensions on the pedicure itself leading to infection, that is not entirely true. Some parts of your skin are opened during the procedure. However if your pedicure is done in a clean environment with properly sterilized tools, you wouldn’t have to worry about this.
- Keeping your skin moisturized: Nobody prefers dry skin. And they have reasons for it too; dry skin is itchy and rough. It also looks unhealthy. The key to having a good skin is moisturization. Moisturization revitalizes your skin making it look flawless. A pedicure can improve your skin by moisturizing it well and leaving you with healthy toes. It prevents your skin from developing cracks and blisters. Your cuticles are also well taken care of in a pedicure.
- It exfoliates your feet: Our body shed dead skin cells continuously. These dead skin accumulate on top of the epidermis making it difficult for your skin to breathe. The lack of exfoliation can cause bunions and feet corns in your body, which is undoubtedly painful. During a pedicure, the nail technician will exfoliate your feet that will encourage the growth of new cells making your toes and heels smoother and healthier. Thus get a pedicure once in awhile to keep your skin clear of dead skin.
- Improves blood circulation: Perhaps the best part of a pedicure from a nail salon is the foot massage. It counters the tension that builds up in your feet and calves. The massage also helps your feet by improving the blood circulation along with reducing pain and spreading the heat throughout the body evenly. This not only helps your feet but also improves the overall health of your body.
- Removes the calluses: Calluses are formed when you expose your feet towards hard surfaces. The friction thus created makes your skin rough and leads to calluses. A pedicure is effective in removing the calluses and making your skin even and soft.
- Prevents ingrown toenails: Ingrown toenails or Onychogryphosis occurs especially in athletes. This is a painful condition that might also get infected, if not treated properly. It can also be formed when you use improper footwear. Having your toenails trimmed by a skilled nail technician reduces the chances of ingrown toenails.
- Early detection of foot problems: Your nail technicians are skilled people. They are trained in understanding the abnormalities, if any, present in your foot. A pedicure can help them in understanding the problems in your feet like fungal infections, corns, and bunions. Early detection means less pain and easy treatment.
Today pedicure and manicure are the cornerstones of the American beauty industry. Each day millions of women and, increasingly men too, are flocking to nail spas and salons to get their hands and feet cleaned. A healthy pair of feet is an inspiring sight in itself. Not only they are clean, but also smooth and strong. So make sure that you get a pedicure once a while to pamper your feet and feel relaxed.