Caring for your feet doesn’t always require a nail technician. Nor is the pedicure procedure entirely Greek and Latin. In fact, with a little effort, you can achieve an amazing pedicure for your feet, at the same time saving you time and money on a nail salon.
Here we have for you a step-by-step guide to achieve a professional-like pedicure at the convenience of your home.
1 . Get the supplies: Here’s the rule number 1 for you: you will have to select and buy high-grade nail care products for your pedicure. Given below is the checklist of things that you need to grab from the store before your procedure:
- A tub
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Pumice stone
- Cuticle oil
- Nail color of your choice
- Cuticle cutter
- Cuticle stick
- Nail buffer
2. Clear any previous pedicure leftovers from your toes: Cleaning your toenails is crucial because coating a new layer of polish over an old layer will destroy the texture and make your nails look haphazard. So make sure to clean off any old nail polish relics from your toenails. You can use a remover for easy results than scraping it off.
3. Soak. Soak. Soak: In the rule number three, you should immerse your legs in a bowl of water. This will soften your nails and skin, making it easy to do the required cutting and trimming. Footbaths also soak up the dirt and help in removing the dirt from your toes without much trouble. Add a few drops of disinfectant and lemon juice for a fruitful footbath.
4. Cut, Trim, and Shape! This is the exciting part where you can cut your toenails according to your preferred design. Trim it and carve out a perfect shape out of your toes. A good shape for your toenails always complements the nail color and also the overall appearance of your toes. However make sure that you cut your nails straight, instead of cutting too much in the corner. The latter can lead to painful ingrown nails and also act as a cavity for the dust to accumulate easily.
5. Exfoliate your feet and cuticles: Massage in a few drops of cuticle oil on the moon of your toenails and leave it for a while. Meanwhile, take a pumice stone and rub the heels to remove the dead skin. Exfoliation will also soften your heels making it look beautiful and healthy.
6. Dry your feet: Take a towel and gently wipe out water from your feet. Clean any remaining dirt. Apply moisturizer throughout your feet. This will also prevent your nail polish from sticking. If required, you can also use a nail polish remover to remove any dirt or polish remaining in your toenails.
7. Decorate! Finally, the most exciting part of your homemade pedicure is here! Painting your nails. Choose your desired color and design and paint your nails accordingly. It is always better to apply nail polish in three coats. Add a base coat and after it dries completely, add another coat of polish. Once this is completely dry, add a final coat. This will ensure that the nail polish lasts longer without chipping and damage.
Yes! Now you have your perfect homemade pedicure before you. Flaunt your legs in a pair of flip flops and walk around. And don’t forget to clean your pedicure tool kit, you wouldn’t want an infection the next you use them!